Wild Knight® Vodka Cured Salmon Sashimi
With Fruit Pig Black Pudding, Norfolk Beetroot, Green Beans & Crush Foods Cold Pressed Oil
Serves 4 - starter size
- 14oz Wild Salmon
- 2 Norfolk Beetroot
- 4 Slices Fruit Pig black pudding
- Handful Green Beans
- Tblsp Crush Foods cold pressed oil
- Pinch Maldon Sea Salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 30 ml Wild Knight English Vodka
- Take 14oz of fresh Wild Salmon and sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt + squeeze of lemon + squeeze of lime. Wrap in cling-film and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Chop the Fruit Pig Black Pudding and dice into 1 cm sized cubes. Pan fry in Crush Foods Cold Pressed Oil until crisp. Remove from pan and drain.
- Poach the Norfolk Beetroot for 10 mins, then peel and dice into 1 cm cubes.
- Top and tail the Norfolk Green Beans and cut into thirds. Blanche in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and refresh in cold water.
- Remove Salmon from fridge and add 30 ml Wild Knight Vodka, re-wrap and place back in fridge. After 10 mins remove and slice very finely.
- Place in the centre of 4 starter plates. Add Black Pudding, Green Beans, Norfolk Beetroot and drizzle with Crush Foods Cold Pressed Oil + a hint of Maldon Sea Salt.
Recipe by Charlie Hodson, Patron of Porkstock UK, Patron of The Feed CIC and Leap Social Enterprise, Norfolk Food and Drink Champion. Owner of Charlie's Food Heroes - supporting producers and chefs in Norfolk, RNLI Crew Member, Cromer.