Charlie’s Norfolk Quail’s Eggs
With Fruit Pig Black Pudding, Tim Allen’s Pork Sausage Meat and a hint of Wild Knight® English Vodka
- 5 Norfolk Quail Eggs
- 2 1/2 oz of Fruit Pig Black Pudding
- 6oz of Tim Allen’s Sausage Meat
- Pinch Maldon Sea Salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- Cup of plain flour
- 40 ml Wild Knight English Vodka
- Softly boil eggs, approx 2 mins.
- Finely chop black pudding, mix with salt and pepper and add Wild Knight Vodka then mix.
- Blanche quails eggs in freezing cold water and peel.
- Divide black pudding, and sausage meat into 5 equal measures.
- Mould around each Norfolk Quail Egg.
- Flour each, and dip into beaten eggs then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cook for 3 mins in vegetable oil at temp 170/180°C, turning every 10 seconds.
- Serve with Charlie’s Norfolk Chutney and Piccalilli.
Recipe by Charlie Hodson, Patron of Porkstock UK, Patron of The Feed CIC and Leap Social Enterprise, Norfolk Food and Drink Champion. Owner of Charlie's Food Heroes - supporting producers and chefs in Norfolk, RNLI Crew Member, Cromer.